This is a hands-on position and involves supporting staff across a wide variety of IT services and systems. This person will join the IT team that supports a growing portfolio of geographically diverse companies, responsible for employees’ user experience that includes deploying and managing workstation hardware and software, software licensing, cloud services like Office 365/Azure and Slack, VDI, and more. This person will help empower our employees and developers to work more securely and effectively by bringing their passion for people, automation, and security.
- Support the lifecycle of IT hardware: including purchase, preparation, deployment, troubleshooting and disposal.
- Support different types of hardware:
- Desktops, laptops, and high-performance workstations
- Monitors, docking stations, and other peripherals
- Mobile phones, WiFi devices, printers, and projectors
- Identity management with AD, Azure, LDAP, with Linux.
- Install, troubleshoot, and uninstall software.
- Liaise with vendors for repair and support of hardware and software.
- Respond to information security events / incidents.
- Remote administration of cloud and colocation infrastructure.
- Administration of Office365, Azure AD and on prem Active Directory.
- Document processes, policies and create network diagrams.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a good understanding of IT service delivery along with technical knowledge of core IT components.
- Install Windows, Linux and MacOS Operating systems.
- Basic administration of managed network devices, switches firewalls APs etc.
- Keep administrative tools such as Active Directory and Asset Management systems up to date.
- Strong cognitive skills including problem analysis and decision making.
- Knowledge of configuration management systems like Ansible.
- Knowledge of containers and container management systems like Kubernetes.
- Previous work experience in tier 1 and tier 2 IT support.
- Formal qualifications in an IT discipline are preferred.
- College degree or equivalent experience in IT administration.