We’re looking for a C++ developer to become part of the ICSD Settlement team responsible for development and maintenance of Clearstream’s core backend real-time Clearing and Settlement engine. The applications are written mostly in C++(11), using Oracle as a database and are running natively on Linux . The application ecosystem is designed as a real-time massively parallel system composed of many microservices communicating via ActiveMQ and Oracle Advanced Queueing messaging systems.
As a developer, you’ll have an opportunity to contribute to the existing system’s features, modernize codebase to improve code safety and stability, design, develop and integrate new components, but also take part in the technical migrations such cloud migration involving dockerization of the microservices and orchestration using OpenShift.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Technical Design including security, performance, scalability and maintainability aspects.
- Implementation of small to large scale trading solutions with strict SLAs and high impact in the financial world.
- Improving/enhancing the automatic functional and security testing framework including cloud-driven CI/CD pipeline
- Supporting all activities related to end-to-end testing, including support for business testers and execution team.
- Analysing production system issues and providing support to internal teams.
- Achieving compliance with internal and external standards applicable to the design, development and documentation of solutions
- Identifying area of improvements and proposing enhancements to existing processes
Required skills and experiences:
- Good programming skills in C++ (3+ years hands-on experience)
- Experience with SQL databases (preferably Oracle)
- Familiarity with development and scripting under Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of following technologies will be of advantage: AWS / Azure / GCP cloud services, docker, python, ansible, terraform, OpenShift
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a cross-location international team and strong communication skills
- Strong result-oriented mindset and willingness to learn new methods and tools
- A background in financial markets, clearing or banking will be of advantage
The following skills would be a plus:
- Experience with messaging (AMQP, ActiveMQ or similar)
- Full-time (100%)
- Duration: a long-term cooperation
- Start: ASAP
- Location: Prague
- On-site vs. remote: 50:50